As part of National Indigenous Peoples Day, walk a guided Decolonization Tour with SHCS colleagues and community. Tour Details June 21 from 3:30
As part of National Indigenous Peoples Day, walk a guided Decolonization Tour with SHCS colleagues and community.
- June 21 from 3:30 pm–5:00 pm
- The Decolonization Tour is conversational and participation-driven. Tour visitors are encouraged to read the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action in advance of the tour.
- The tour lasts about 90 minutes and the walking route is 1.5–2 km, starting in front of the first work: Brent Sparrow Jr (Musqueam), sʔi:ɬqəy̓ qeqən (2016), located outside the UBC Bookstore at 6200 University Blvd.
- The tour takes place outside, moving between Main Mall, East Mall and West Mall. The ground is mostly paved and fairly level. If you have mobility concerns please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that accommodations can be organized.
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather. Tours typically take place rain or shine.
- This walking tour is organized through the Belkin Art Gallery. Learn more about the Belkin walking tours.
- Space is limited. Please register to attend by Friday, May 26 at 4:00 pm.
(Wednesday) 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Outstanding Workplace Committeeout.firstname.lastname@example.org